Gustavo A. Gomez
Consultative Sales | Marketing Strategies | Business Development | Account Management | Client Relationship Management & Retention | Fiscal Control | Market Research & Data Analytics | Banking Services | Regulatory Compliance | ACH Returns & Origination | Draft Procedures | C# & Visual Basic Programming | PCI Compliance Requirements | | Product & Service Knowledge | Customer Needs Assessments | Cross-Functional & Interpersonal Skills | Contract Negotiations | Closing Tactics | Organizational & Time Management Skills | Complex Problem Solutions | Strategic Planning | Forecasting | Portfolio Management | Staff Leadership & Development | MS Office Suite | Jack Henry AS400 | Epysys for FIs | Forex Market
Client-oriented, strategic-thinking consumer experience, private banking and relationship selling professional with 8+ years of experience in building cooperatives, cultivating partnerships, retaining top accounts, and growing profit channels by establishing trust and rapport. Persuasive, self-motivated banking relations professional with expertise on expanding network connections, persuasively introducing financial industry services/products, educating clients, implementing pricing strategies, territory development, and revealing customer needs to deliver solutions. A loyal, tactical team builder and strategic planner seeking to leverage a background and passion for customer technology into a mortgage specialist role with a progressive organization. Bilingual: fluent in English and Spanish.
- Opened 5-10 customer accounts and 2-3 business accounts in a weekly basis for a year with a 3.0 cross-selling product ratio while enhancing existing account sales.
- Increased eDeposit users usage from 35K to 67K with an increase of 99K to 161K deposits and $64M to $99M within 4 years.
- Increased the bill payment service usage volume from 57K to 62K users.
- Streamlined operational processes to reduce 500+ manpower hours.
- Developed website enhancements to improve the user experience and optimize brand awareness, visibility and exposure.
- Won numerous awards for outstanding member service and team playing.
- Achieved the branch record for most sales by creating professional sales presentations to creatively communicate product offerings, quality and benefits, long-term goals and market comparisons.
- Drove retention by following up with customers during and post-sale to ensure optimal customer service.
- Leveraged industry trends in customer industries/marketplaces to shape value-added solutions and approaches for key audiences.
- Grew diverse customer base by identifying needs to deliver relevant product solutions that achieve client budgets.
- Secured sales by providing recommendations to promote brand effectiveness and product benefits.
- Ensured diverse client base satisfaction ratings by timely offering proactive resolution ideas while driving actionable responses to questions, concerns, or challenges.
- Elevated new business development opportunities, implementing effective networking strategies.
- Minimized workflow lags by supervising team sales, monitoring performances, inspiring staff and training on best practices and protocol to maximize productivity and contributor success.
- Consistently met monthly sales quotas based on earlier defined targets by effectively managing time/resources to meet sales objectives.
- Ensured proper closing times by generating leads with 100% resolve while sustaining personal pipeline and increasing prospect database volume to maximize efficiency.
- Streamlined operational efficiencies, tracking weekly sales to develop senior leadership reports for corrective action planning.
- Increased sales volume by managing accounts and building rapport while sustaining customer base by facilitating market research to formulate brand strategies.
- Proactively identified and solved complex strategy problems that impact sales management and business direction.
Internet Services Specialist, Schools First FCU, Tustin, CA 2015-Present
- Supervise and provide support to the department on daily operations while training 10 staff members on best practices and protocol to maximize productivity.
- Identified coaching opportunities to help team to grow in all departmental areas.
- Eliminated workflow downtime by resolving team and member departmental discrepancies.
Gustavo A. Gomez Page 2
- Analyzed current data to improve services while assisting with department scheduling to optimize efficiency.
- Supported cross-functional departments to meet deadline and to find solutions to arising issues.
- Aided leadership by delivering monthly updates for corrective action or continuous improvement.
- Cultivated rapport with different vendors to ensure all services are running correctly.
- Led conversion for the new bill payment system for the organization.
- Authored business documentation requirement while coordinating with vendors to ensure conversion production.
- Researched causes for systems failures and provided solutions to management while identifying areas of opportunities to streamline current or new processes.
Internet Services Representative, Schools First FCU, Tustin, CA 2012-2015
- Collected department statistics to produce monthly reports for managers and board of directors.
- Eliminated financial discrepancies by monitoring and balancing daily operational general ledgers while promptly resolving and communicating any discrepancies.
- Assisted with the implementation of new technology while supporting the development of an end-user program to help increase departmental efficiency.
- Strengthened traceability by creating complex spreadsheets to maintain internal records and provide the ability to produce streamlined reports for enhanced data/information sharing and retrieval.
- Monitored the bill payment services with vendor through different channels while resolving member inquiries in online banking, and bill pay via email, telephone, or secure messaging.
Payroll Services Representative, Schools First FCU, Tustin, CA 2011-2012
- Delivered member and departmental support on ACH, drafts, payroll and new memberships inquiries.
- Ensured accuracy by verifying payroll lists and timely processing posting for school employees.
- Opened new accounts online, via mail and through membership development to optimize profitability.
- Monitored GL accounts to ensure accurate balancing and reconciliation daily and monthly.
- Enhanced operations by providing feedback/suggestions to membership development VP on new application procedures and issues.
- Reviewed current desktop procedures for new memberships, and verified/tracked proper returns and account corrections through FedLine.
- Trained membership development officer on best practices and protocol to maximize performance and ensure new applications and payroll forms are completed accurately while adhering to policies and procedures.
Operations Records Specialist, Farmers & Merchants Bank, Long Beach, CA 2010-2011
- Trained 30 staff members while approving all documentation provided and opening new accounts to maintain document integrity.
- Managed the daily account verification of all openings within the bank.
- Performed verification of the accuracy of all data captured ensuring CIP and opening act rules are followed.
- Detected any deficiencies and ensured communication with the new accounts team member to carefully review the process while reassuring staff is properly trained and policies and procedures are followed.
PREVIOUS WORK HISTORY:
Customer Service Specialist, Farmers & Merchants Bank, Long Beach, CA, 2009-2010
Teller/Certified Teller Trainer, Farmers & Merchants Bank, Long Beach, CA, 2008-2009
Education & Professional Development
Colegio Ricaurte, Colombia H.S.D.
ACP Teacher, English as a Second Language (TEFL), University of California Irvine
Business Administration and Computer Information Systems, Cypress College (Currently Enrolled)
Certified Teller & New Accounts Trainer